Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Simplest DIY Ever.










What I'm wearing: shoes, bag, glasses: thrifted, shorts: thrifted & DIY, Hat: forever 21, top: no idea, but I cropped it myself

I was quite bored yesterday so I decided to do a DIY - I've been wanting to paint a pair of shorts for awhile now, I just couldn't decide what I wanted on them. I think they turned out just fine, though! I'm sad that I waited so long!

Anyways, what you need: 
A pair of shorts
Fabric paint
Paint brushes
Newspaper (probably)
Inspiration for a pattern


This is incredibly self-explanatory, but that's okay I guess - it is my first DIY, after all!

First, make sure you put newspaper in your shorts, as the paint might leak through. 




Figure out what kind of pattern you want - I did a really simple tribal inspired one that I basically copied from something I saw online. You can copy mine if you want, I don't care.

You may need to use a ruler or something to get the lines straight - I didn't use one, because it was a complete experiment. I just went for it, using the lines of the shorts.


Paint away!









Well there you go! I hope to do another pair soon, since I've now had a little bit of practice - I think I'll paint flowers on the next ones :)


Have a wonderful Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. ... and the pattern matches perfectly the shoes, bravo!
    have a nice sunday too^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. even though this DIY is pretty simple, i love how your shorts turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great inspiration, might copy your idea :)xx

    http://blizzard-wolf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit (especially the cute hat), and such a cool diy! :)
    xx
    Daysha http://dayshaprettylittlethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete